Contact a patient
So far away... yet so close!
We know that restrictions on visits to the hospital can be difficult. If a loved one is hospitalized at Montfort, but does not have a device (telephone or tablet) that allows you to stay in touch, here is what we offer:
- A telephone is offered free of charge in all rooms. You can call your loved one by calling 613-746-4621, followed by the extension number of the room. If you don't know the number, dial 0.
- We can also offer you the possibility to have a virtual visit with your loved one. We invite you to contact us at 613-746-4621 ext. 2271 for details on how to arrange this.
- You can also send us a short message using the form below, and we will make sure to pass it on. Written messages will be printed and given to the patient.
- To bring a package to a patient, come to the main entrance with the package. After you answer the screening questions and validate the patient's room number, we will give you a transparent plastic bag in which you will place what you want to give to the patient. You will then leave this bag on a table in the main entrance. A porter will come to collect it and bring it to the hospitalised person.
In order to ensure everyone's safety, here are some examples of personal belongings that are accepted:
- Items that can be easily disinfected with a wipe
- Clothes or cuddly toys, either new or recently washed
- Fragrance-free flowers
- Wrapped food - the nurse in charge will have to validate that this food is allowed according to the person's diet or medical prescription
Latex balloons are not accepted.