Being a nurse
As the perfect embodiment of our vision of excellence in personalized patient care, the members of our nursing staff are the core of our institution. Their contribution to patient care and services cannot be underestimated.
Autonomy, leadership, job satisfaction, skills maintenance and accountability are some of the key words that define nursing at Montfort. Our nurses constantly strive to improve the quality of care and services by applying practices supported by research and the latest evidence-based data. They also contribute to scholarship by participating in teaching and research activities, which are a major component of Montfort’s academic mission.
Our nurses are also provided with numerous benefits associated with continuous education, professional development and clinical and educational skills training that enable them to meet advanced standards of care in keeping with the community’s expectations. Lastly, they have access to technologically advanced electronic documentation.
Check out our job opportunities
Our nursing staff comprises:
- Registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Advanced practice nurses
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Clinical teacher-nursing
- Nurse managers
- Nurse directors
- Chief of Nursing Practice
We also stand apart with our specialized nursing staff:
- Registered nurses (flexible sigmoidoscopy)
- Registered Enterostomal Therapy Nurses
- Nurse First Surgical Assistants
- Nurse practitioners :
- Mental Health
- Regional Neonatal Program
We provide an environment that optimizes and values the contribution of its nurses while promoting their professional fulfillment and wellbeing. The advantages of a nursing career at Montfort include:
- A flexible work schedule that includes 8 or 12 hour shifts
- Opportunities to sit on various innovative committees
- The opportunity to work in the clinical area of your choice
- A computerized documentation system available in almost every patient care unit
- A structured theoretical orientation program
- An integration program that varies in length according to needs, supervised by experienced mentors
- Additional training and orientation activities adapted to specialized areas (operating rooms, intensive care, family birthing centre, mental health and emergency)
- Continuous on-the-job development training, including leadership workshops
- Training in the use of technologically advanced tools
- Opportunities to participate in off-site conventions and conferences
- A relocation bonus of CAN $2,500*
- Activities designed to recognize merit and superior performance
*Relocation bonuses are subject to certain conditions. For more information, please contact Human Resources.
If you are a nurse and interested in joining our team, please view the list of current openings.