Medical day unit
The Medical Day Unit provides out-patient medical treatment to patients admitted for periods ranging from three to twelve hours on average.
The services of the Medical Day Unit differ from regular outpatient consultations by the nature and length of the procedures.
The types of services provided include:
- Intravenous medication administration (i.e., iron)
- Pain clinic (i.e., epidural)
- Blood or blood product transfusion
- Intravesical BCG (Bacillus Calmette-Guérin)
- Transesophageal ultrasound
- Dobutamine stress test
- Other procedures as needed
Patients with an appointment will receive
an automated reminder by phone, up to
5 days prior to their appointment.
Reception: room 2D108
Phone (appointment): 613-746-4621, ext. 2731