Patients' rights and responsibilities
Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities at Montfort
Montfort is Ontario’s Francophone academic hospital, offering exemplary person-centred care. Daily actions are guided by compassion, respect, mutual support, excellence and accountability.
As a patient at Montfort, I have the right to:
- Receive exemplary, person-centred care delivered with compassion by courteous and qualified people.
- Express myself confidently, knowing that my personal information will remain confidential and that my privacy will be protected.
- Be treated with respect, free from discrimination based on my culture, language, age, religion or sexual orientation.
- Feel confident that staff members listen to me and consider my opinions about my experience throughout my time at Montfort.
- Receive care and services in French or English, according to my preferences.
- Have access to clean, safe surroundings.
- Obtain any of my personal information in an accessible format adapted to my needs.
- Know the name of all the people responsible for my care.
- Have access to the information in my clinical record upon request.
- Receive clear, understandable explanations about my diagnosis and the possibility of seeking a second opinion.
As a patient at Montfort, I have my safety at heart and I am responsible for:
- Identifying myself by my first and last name as well as my date of birth.
- Asking questions and participating in my treatment choices.
- Leaving valuables and cash at home.
- Participating in the development of my plan of care and take responsibility for my decisions.
- Giving all relevant information about my medical conditions and any change in my condition during my hospitalization.
- Naming someone who can decide on my care if I am unable to do so on my own.
My family and I are responsible for:
- Understanding that Montfort is an academic hospital that is training the next generation of health professionals, where we can contribute to health training and research.
- Respecting other patients’ need for rest, privacy, confidentiality and cleanliness.
- Promoting respectful, non-aggressive and non-violent behaviour.
- Paying any charges related to my time at Montfort, if applicable.
- Expressing our concerns, comments or complaints in confidence.
If I feel my rights have not been respected, I will speak to the person concerned or the sector manager immediately.
I liked the care and services I received at Montfort? I want to suggest an improvement? The Montfort Patient Experience Manager is there for me, by phone at 613-746-4621, extension 2263 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I want to donate to the Montfort Hospital Foundation, I can call 613-748-4920 or email email@example.com.
|No latex products|
|No scented products|
|Zero tolerance: violence, verbal abuse and harassment|
Our francophone institution offers services in both French and English. You have the freedom to express yourself in the official language of your choice. If you speak another language, we will attempt to find an interpreter who understands that language in order to assist you.
Members of the media, and any individuals provided with a camera and/or equipment for audio-visual recording, are not allowed to film and/or record and/or photograph staff members, volunteers, visitors or patients without verbal or written consent from the individuals in question and the Department of Communications, unless it is for a press conference or a public event.