Montfort Postnatal Care-at-Home Program
Are you planning to deliver your baby at Hôpital Montfort with a family physician or a obstetrician?
Are you a resident of Ontario?
Is your pregnancy healthy and without complications?
If so, you may be interested in the new Montfort Postnatal Care-at-Home Program offered by Montfort’s Family Birthing Centre (FBC) team.
Confirm with the FBC team that you meet the eligibility requirements for the program.
What is the program?
After the birth of your child, you may choose to go home within 24 hours and receive postnatal care in the comfort of your home.
As a participant in this program you will benefit from:
- an information session during pregnancy
- giving birth at the Family Birthing Centre with a family physician or obstetrician
- going home within 24 hours after the birth of your baby
- home visits from a FBC midwife within 24 hours of your discharge from hospital in order to ensure your wellbeing and that of your newborn
- follow-up and support from a midwife during the first week following your delivery
- up to two other home visits organized with you based on your needs (care for your newborn and for you, breastfeeding support)
The midwives work in collaboration with your physician. During the first week, you will keep all necessary appointments with your physician, in addition to receiving follow-up visits at home with the midwife.
After the first week, all follow-up will be provided by your physician.
The midwives for the Montfort Postnatal Care-at-Home Program are:
- Laurence Tsorba
- Maxine Vigneault
Interested in this new care option?
- Discuss with your family physician or obstetrician.
- Come meet us during one of the prenatal information sessions, given at Hôpital Montfort.
Prenatal information sessions
For more information and to register for an information session, click here.