Being a Patient Partner
You or one of your family members have received care from Hôpital Montfort within the past two years. You wish to share your impressions of your experiences at Montfort and other healthcare centres to improve the quality of care and services offered at Montfort.
What do patient-partners do?
As a patient-partner, you represent the voice of our patients.
You voluntarily participate in improvement activities and share your valuable insights on how our services impact patients. In other words, you help us meet the needs of our patients, their families and the community.
You may offer input on anything that affects patients, such as the policies, programs and practices that shape the care and services offered at Montfort.
You will receive a free parking pass when volunteering at patient-partner activities.
For how long?
You control how you spend your time and decide how much time you wish to volunteer as a patient-partner. It may be for a one-time activity, such as sharing your hospital experience with healthcare providers. You may also wish to join a research committee or a working group.
Here are examples of activities that patient-partners have worked on:
- designing the hospital’s main entrance (short consultation)
- shortening wait times on the surgical ward (project over many months)
- assessing patient meals (activity of 2 to 3 hours a few times per year)
How to describe a patient-partner?
- share Hôpital Montfort's values, mission and vision
- are able and willing to share their points of view in a constructive way as part of a group
- are active listeners and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- value others and can look beyond their own personal experiences
- collaborate with the other patient-partners and the members of the Montfort team
- want to understand the healthcare system and learn more about it
- are able to resolve conflicts
- are sensitive to ethical issues
- have a professional attitude and are open-minded, positive, reliable, punctual and dedicated
- share the group's passion
|At Hôpital Montfort, we recognize the importance of partnering with our patients and families to meet the needs and priorities of our community. We encourage people of the Ottawa region to apply for this great opportunity to help make a difference.|
How do I apply?
Start your journey to help make a difference...
To become a Patient Partner:
- Fill out an Application Form
- The program's coordinator will contact you within the next 30 days to further examine partnership opportunities.
- Meet the Patient Partner Coordinator and the bring the following documents with you:
- Your resumé, with references available upon demand
- Two pieces of identification with photo
After the interview, the chosen applicants will be asked to:
- Obtain a police record check for work in sectors at risk
- Take a tuberculosis screening test
- Attend an orientation session
If you are interested in becoming a Patient Partner or have any questions, please contact:
Patient Partner Coordinator at Hôpital Montfort
Telephone: 613-746-4621, extension 2264