Initial submission /evaluation (new project)
The principal investigator or is designate is required to submit for evaluation and approval a complete research proposal to the REO of l’Hôpital Montfort within the published deadlines. The list to ensure that your proposal is complete is available below. Upon receipt the REO will confirm that all required documents have been submitted.
- Checklist to confirm that submission to the Research Ethics Board (REB) is complete
- Application Form, duly completed, dated and signed, or initial submission form from another REB
- Consent form used
- Information sheet or recruitment text (advertising, notice, poster: see Question 14 for details and templates, etc.)
- Research tools (questionnaire, survey, interview guide, group discussion guide, etc.)
- Research protocol, as applicable
- Research project suitability evaluation
- Confidentiality agreement concerning the protection of research data by all persons having access to research data
- Certificate of completion of the online training TCPS2 for all members of the research team
Application form for clinical chart review, as applicable and Information Service Fee form Under review !
Billing form for clinical trials (available in French only at this time)
Other documents that may be required
- Decisions and requests by other research ethics boards
- Changes made to the research project following such decisions
- The Ethics Certificate, as applicable
The complete file, along with related forms and documents, must be submitted in 2 hardcopies for delegated review or full board review to the secretariat of the Hôpital Montfort Research Ethics Board (REB) , and in electronic format. Please note for the electronic version, the documents must be separate and not attached one after the other and all pages of a document must be stapled together for the hard copy.