Hôpital Montfort Association
Our Association consists of up to 100 volunteer members dedicated to upholding the mission and vision of Hôpital Montfort. They are the hospital’s ambassadors.
To become a member of the Association de l'Hôpital Montfort, simply submit the online form.
All applications are forwarded to the Secretary of the Association, which transmits them to the Nominating Committee for review.
Members’ roles and responsibilities
Members must actively participate in the Annual General Meetings of the Association de l'Hôpital Montfort. Their votes ensure that the Association is managed soundly. Members have the following authority:
- elect Association members and leaders as well as members of the Board of Trustees;
- approve the Association’s annual report, financial report and all other information that the Board of Trustees wishes to submit concerning the Association’s business;
- approve the recommendations of the Board of Trustees concerning the conduct of the Association’s internal affairs and aspects of its policy related to patients and the public;
- forward recommendations to the Board of Trustees at the Annual General Meeting or any other special meeting of members. As appropriate, and to the extent permitted by the laws in force, they review, rectify, repeal or amend the acts of the Board of Trustees;
- appoint the auditor for the next fiscal year;
- be asked to serve on the board or one of its committees;
- exercise any other right or authority provided by law.
Profile of the members of the Association de l'Hôpital Montfort
We warmly invite people from the Aboriginal, ethno-cultural, black or LGBTQ2+ communities, or with a disability, as well as youth representatives and recognized francophiles to express their interest. We also encourage interested persons from the United Counties of Prescott and Russell to apply. To become a member of the Association, you must be over 18 years of age, live in Ontario and be a Francophile.
Only individuals who meet the following criteria may become members of the Association:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Understand French (verbal and written).
- Be a resident of the Province of Ontario for at least three consecutive months prior to date of membership.
- Interested in promoting the Association’s goals and objectives.
- Interested in promoting the mission, vision and values of Montfort.
- Supports the role of Franco-Ontarian institutions and the Francophone character of Montfort.
Having preferably previous professional expertise in the following areas:
- Extensive experience in human resources
- Experience in information technology and cybersecurity
- Management experience as a senior executive
- Understanding of Francophone minority community issues
- Experience in governance (on a board of directors, as a member or employee)
- Experience or knowledge of quality improvement process (e.g. LEAN)
- Extensive experience in government relations
- Experience in public relations and communications
- Experience in the health care field
- CPA designation
- Has not been found mentally incompetent by a court of law, is not an undischarged bankrupt and has not been disqualified.
- Is not an employee or a member of the professional staff of Hôpital Montfort or the spouse, father or mother of an employee or of a person that is a member of the hospital’s professional staff.
Members agree to sign a statement confirming that:
- They have read and understood the specific requirements of Hôpital Montfort’s role as a Franco-Ontarian institution, as confirmed by the unanimous decision of the Court of Appeal for Ontario on December 7, 2001 (Lalonde v. Ontario) (Health Services Restructuring Commission, 2001).
- They have read the objectives, mission, vision and values of the Association, agree to support them and meet the requirements specified in this regard;
- They are not employed by the Hôpital Montfort or a member of the hospital’s professional staff and are not the spouse, father or mother of a person employed by the hospital or that is a member of the hospital’s professional staff.
Term of office
All members are elected at an Annual General Meeting of the Association for a term of four years. Their term expires immediately after the Annual General Meeting held four years following their election.
Expression of Interest
The nomination period ends on April 22, 2022. We invite anyone interested in this opportunity to complete the online Membership Application Request form. You can also contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 613-746-4621 ext. 2020
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, your personal information will be kept confidential.
Updating your profile information
If you are already a member of the Association and your contact information has changed or you would like to update your profile, please complete this online form (french only).