Ottawa East Ontario Health Team
Ontario Health Teams are an initiative of the Ontario government. This new model of care is intended to make it easier for individuals to access health care and services, and for organizations to better coordinate existing services. Ultimately, the goal is to improve the supply and quality of care while maximizing the impact of healthcare investments.
The Ottawa East Health Team Ontario (OE OHT) was formed in late 2019, through the working relationship of 25 partners, including Montfort.
Our team has now close to 40 partners as it continues to grow, and is now including Prescott-Russell.
What the Ottawa East Ontario Health Team offers
- A person-centred approach to care
- A fast, secure access to all your medical information in one place (coming soon)
- A database to help you find services in your community (coming soon)
- A team of health professionals and community organizations
We have identified three priorities on which we will focus our work to begin with:
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Preventing or treating people diagnosed with COPD while managing the co-morbidities associated with the disease.
- Facilitating access to spirometry tests to confirm the diagnosis and implement an appropriate care plan.
Mental health and substance abuse
- Facilitating access to care to meet the needs of people with mental health, addiction and co-morbidity problems.
- Reducing the number of emergency room visits that do not result in hospitalization.
- Improving access to screening and vaccination (COVID-19, influenza, and others) for vulnerable populations in the OE OHT.
Additional initiatives that will be implemented over time.
You can reach the Ottawa East Ontario Health Team at firstname.lastname@example.org