Speech-language pathology clinic
Hôpital Montfort’s Speech-language pathology clinic opened its doors in January 2012 to meet the needs of adults with acquired communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
The clinic’s speech-language pathologist offers the following services:
• screening and assessment;
• treatment (individual sessions);
• counseling and education.
Hôpital Montfort’s Communication Disorders Clinic is pleased to offer outpatient services in both official languages (English, French) to individuals requiring Speech-Language Pathology (S-LP) interventions.
Assessment, intervention, and education/counseling for:
- motor speech
- language (i.e. verbal expression, auditory comprehension, reading, & writing)
- cognitive-communication (e.g. memory, planning, organization, etc.)
- Adult individuals (>18 years) with an acquired communication and/or swallowing disorder (e.g. dysarthria, apraxia of speech, aphasia, cognitive-linguistic difficulties)
- The individual should:
- have given consent for the S-LP referral
- be able to tolerate, at minimum, a 30 minute therapy session
- be continent or have someone present to assist with toileting
- have transportation to and from the Communication Disorders Clinic
- have functional French or English at baseline OR have someone present to serve as a translator*
Referrals for individuals who have received S-LP services in the last 12 months for identical or similar goals as outlined in the consult and have not demonstrated progress will not be accepted.
Hôpital Montfort is able to provide translation services with advance notice to a maximum of two visits.
Hours of operation
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
Telephone number: 613-746-4621, ext. 4105
Patients with an appointment at Hôpital Montfort will receive an automated confirmation call up to 5 days prior to their appointment.