Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
The Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Health Services rehabilitation program promotes optimal health, self-management and the active participation of patients with cardiovascular or pulmonary disease.
This bilingual program facilitates healthy lifestyle achievements through coaching and education.
Our interprofessional team excels in offering the highest quality of care, enabling patients to achieve their individual goals and improve their quality of life.
Who can benefit from these services?
Any patient diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease or who underwent a cardiac event, procedure or surgery.
All patients diagnosed with a pulmonary disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis or pulmonary fibrosis.
Please note that a medical referral is mandatory.
Hours of operation
Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Telephone number: 613-746-4621, ext. 4125
Patients with an appointment at Hôpital Montfort will receive an automated confirmation call up to 5 days prior to their appointment.
Why participate in a rehabilitation program?
- To regain your former abilities
- To control and recognize the symptoms of cardiovascular and pulmonary disease
- To reduce the frequency and severity of symptoms
- To improve quality of life
- To encourage smoking cessation
- To increase functional capacity
- To improve exercise tolerance in order to limit incapacity and gain greater independence
- To develop an action plan for symptom self-management
- To reduce the number of emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Adult obesity management
- Cholesterol management
- Hypertension management
- Metabolism management
- Nutrition management
- Prevention and exacerbation management
- Psychosocial support
- Respiratory function evaluation
- Smoking cessation management
We have exercises classes for everyone. These classes are:
- of low, moderate or high intensity;
- offered two days a week;
- scheduled for eight to twelve weeks.
These classes also include:
- eight to ten participants per class;
- supervised exercises classes;
- personalized exercise programs.
Access to a range of healthcare professionals
- Registered nurse (RN)
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Kinesiologist (R.Kin)
- Physiotherapist (PT)
- Respiratory Therapist (RT)
We can also refer to other services as needed.
Our interprofessional team can offer you personalized services designed to meet your program goals.
Recognition award from the «Anges Montfort» of the Montfort Hospital Foundation in 2014 and in 2013
Winners of the «Engagement» award in 2013
Information sessions are available every Tuesday
Your health professionals are pleased to share their knowledge about:
- Cardiac anatomy, physiology and risk factors
- Pulmonary anatomy and physiology
- Cardiac medications
- Pulmonary medications and inhalers (COPD)
- Asthma medications
- Asthma diagnostic and triggers
- Smoking cessation
- Exercise and health
- Motivation, emotion and stress management
- Shortness of breath and energy conservation
''The Montfort is a great hospital and the rehab program has changed my life and in all likelihood prolonged it. The team are without a doubt the most amazing group of people I have ever met. When you are under their care you quickly realize they not only know what they are doing but they really enjoy what they are doing which in itself motivate the patients. Students who train with the rehab group receive the same care and attention as the patients and that is nice to watch.'' - Denis Gagnon
''I have just completed a very successful two-month long exercise programme, which was highly recommended by my respirologist. Not only do I now have increased strength in my legs but I have also learned to control my breathing more effectively. All of this was achieved in a pleasant, cheerful and very supportive atmosphere. The team of therapists who manage the programme monitored all of the participants very carefully and were unfailingly encouraging. Now that my course is complete, I regret having to leave that happy, good humoured environment.'' - Elizabeth James
''Thank you so very much for everything you have done for me over the past few months. It is reassuring to know our health care workers are so dedicated as you all have been. You all have been a huge impact on my perspective of the future. The one important thing I take away with me is to remember to, "BREATHE" !'' - Bill Montague
''What I have received from this dynamic team has exceeded my expectations. They were aware of any small details that could improve my personal health, while being aware of my needs and doing all they could to cater to them. What was the most amazing thing of all was the exhilaration in this rehabilitation and adaptation laboratory. I use the word laboratory because of the incredible expertise, performance and professionalism of this wonderful team.'' - Pierre Thibodeau