A team that cares about your wellbeing!
A member of the Breast Clinic team will guide each patient through every steps of the medical process.
Step 1: Meeting with a Surgeon
- Patient is given an appointment with a Breast Clinic surgeon soon after their referral by their attending physician.
- The surgeon reviews the patient’s medical records and may perform a physical breast exam.
No x-rays are taken at this initial meeting.
Step 2: Tests and Examinations
- Depending on the case, the surgeon may ask the patient to pass additional tests and examinations to confirm the diagnosis (i.e., radiology, biopsy).
In this case, Hôpital Montfort will contact the patient to schedule test dates.
Step 3: The Results
- The patient must contact the Breast Clinic to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as the test dates are set.
Telephone: 613-746-4621, ext. 4307
If you receive a positive diagnosis for breast cancer, the Breast Clinic team will continue to support you and offer you personalized care.
Preoperative Education Sessions
To prepare for your upcoming breast cancer surgery as an outpatient, you are strongly encouraged to attend one of the following education sessions.
All sessions will be taking place in room 1D198, Hôpital Montfort, from 9:00 to 11:00AM.
Upcoming session dates:
- August 22, 2019
- September 19, 2019
- October 17, 2019
- November 7, 2019
- December 5, 2019
* To register for a session offered in french only, please contact Hôpital Montfort at least two days prior to the session you wish to attend.
Telephone: 613-746-4621, ext. 4325