Being a physician
Your chance to shape the future!
L'Hôpital Montfort focuses on an approach centered on the constant improvement of compassionate care to its patients and their families.
- A francophone teaching hospital in the heart of Ottawa (satisfaction to work in French in a bilingual environment)
- A capacity of 289 acute care beds, of which 97 in Medicine, 72 in Surgery, 27 in the Family Birthing Centre, 60 in Mental Health, 21 in Rehabilitation and 12 in Intensive Care
- Commitment and active participation of over 275 physicians
- Acces to electronic medical records through cutting-edge IT resources
- Implementation of pilot projects and new clinics to meet the community's immediate needs
- Several community partners
Anaesthesia and Surgery
- 11 new or entirely renovated surgical rooms (9 in the main OR bloc, 1 ophthalmic operating room, 2 obstetrical rooms from which one is under construction)
- Involvement in the Regional Cancer Program
- 8,200 elective cases per year.
Family Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Solid base of family physicians including four active hospitalist teams, a rehabilitation team and a clinical teaching unit
Medicine and Intensive Care
- Team of intenist physicians and specialists responsible for 12 Intensive Care beds
Obstetrics and Paediatrics
- 3,000 births per year
- A Family Birthing Centre designed for the new family
- Paediatric Consultation Clinic and Level II Neonatal Care
Psychiatry / Mental Health
- 40 short-term care beds: 8 Intensive Care beds and 32 specialized care beds
- Ambulatory Services: day hospital, groups for concurrent disorders as well as personality disorders and external multidisciplinary consultations
- Increased number of annual visits to over 45,000
- Fast track
- Clinical Decision Unit
- Specialized clinics to meet the needs of the community (Paediatric, Breast Cancer, Orthopaedics, Crohn's and Colitis, Geriatric, Thrombosis)
Diagnosis and Therapeutic Services
Fully digical imaging department that offers services with:
- 2 MRI, 1 onsite MRI and 1 community based MRI in Orleans
- 1 64 slice CT scanner
- 1 SPECT/CT Nuclear medicine gamma camera
- 7 hospital based colour Doppler capable Ultrasound units
- 1 community based colour Doppler capable Ultrasound unit in Orleans
- 3 Digital radiography machine
- 1 Digital mammography machine
- 1 Bone mineral density machine
- 2 portable Xray machines
- Over 120,000 examinations per year.
Academic Mission / Education
- More than 500 students and residents in 36 different Health Sciences and Social Services disciplines
- Key partnership with the University of Ottawa
- An expanded residency program in Family Medicine - 26 residents
- Residency in Internal Medicine - 4 residents
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Residency in Psychiatry
- 19,900 days of practical training per year in medicine and other disciplines
Montfort Family Medicine Health Team
- Multidisciplinary family health education team that offers front line services to patients as well as foster training with students and residents in family medicine
Your chance to make a difference!
The medical team at Montfort is composed of family physicians and specialists who collaborate with other health professionals to provide high quality care to its patients, while abiding by Hôpital Montfort values : compassion, respect, excellence and engagement.
Chief of staff: Dr. Guy Moreau
You may also consult the physicians' directory.
Would you like to join a highly motivated medical team that works in French?
Would you enjoy working in an environment that values interdisciplinarity?
Are you interested in helping to advance the French language in Ontario by contributing to the health and well-being of the Franco-Ontarian community?
Would you like to participate in training and research?
Would you enjoy working for an institution that, despite its phenomenal growth, remains deeply committed to compassion, empathy and the welfare of each and every patient?
Montfort invites you to submit an application.
Before sending us your curriculum vitae, please note that we can only offer staff privileges to doctors who are accredited in Ontario (Qualifying Examination Parts I and II of the Medical Council of Canada as well as certification in family medicine from the College of Family Physicians of Canada or certification in a specialty granted by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada) and have professional liability insurance in Ontario.
Obtaining accreditation can be a lengthy process. Before undertaking the necessary steps, please consult the following the CPSO Web site for details on how to proceed.
Once the above-noted requirements have been met, please contact us to discuss your interests and the career opportunities presently available at Montfort.
Attn: Mrs. Ariane Arès
Hôpital Montfort, room 00D118
713 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1K 0T2
Telephone: 613-746-4621, ext. 6201